Thursday, November 7, 2013

Amma..why did you spoil me?

So, I hail from Andhra Pradesh, Land of great food. Mamidikay pappu, gongura pachadi, chintakay pachadi, but we eat everything with rice.

Rice with ghee and all these items is just heavenly to eat. Its unhealthy though..:(. I grew up with these tastes in my mouth and now all of a sudden I come to a diet conscious country. Yes, in USA, we count everything we eat.

And we categorize things like 'Rasam' and 'Sambar' to the 'soup' category. 'Rice' comes under carbs. So, I am this cultural confusion. On one hand, my taste buds are liking what i am eating.

But my brain tells me 'Hey...stop, you are eating too much rice', How to balance. When I compare 'Subway' or 'Chipotle' with Mamiday pappu, how to choose..Great ethnic confusion..eh?

No comments: