Friday, June 4, 2010

My Mumbai Memories...

Hi guys, Do any of you remember the typical scene in India where Taxi drivers sleep in the driver's seat like when they dont get customers around 3 or 4pm in the afternoon everyday.
I saw this infront of my office building in U.S actually, so it made me nostalgic.
In India, we see this so often. Then we wake up the driver and he takes us to wherever we wanted to go.

Speaking of Taxi Drivers, I remember a trip of mine in Mumbai, we had only 5 hours halt in Mumbai Airport, we requested a taxi to tour us around Mumbai city without stepping out.
So, he drove us around various places like Chowpati beach, Band Stand(where many celebs have their houses) and also he showed us the house of Lata Mangeshkar in the heart of Mumbai.



The Mumbai heat,hustle and bustle of the population. I dont know a single person on the road but I felt very happy to see so many different kinds of people. You can find ladies who are extremely traditional and ladies wearing a tank top and shorts travelling in the same bus. Its interesting.
If you are feeling hot, have something chilled like cool masala corn or fresh fruit juice.
The grinder might be broken but the shopkeeper will create juice in 'some' way which we dont know. All we know is how tasty it is. Once I gave 100Rs and drank juices of all fruits, Mango, Orange, Pineapple, Mosambi, Sapota and Sitaphal juice.

And we asked taxi driver to take us for lunch and he took us to the best fast-food place, we ate chinese fried rice and also pav bhaji.



Oh and I cant forget the tea I had infront of World Trade Center, Mumbai. Sooo delicious!

At the end of the day, we were so filled with the places as well as the food and the customerservice of the guy, we gave him 500Rs tip just for his kind heart!!

Well, we cant pay price for kindness, its invaluble!!

This is sappu signing off....

I will come back with another sweet memory of mine from India!

Till then keep rocking and rolling(I copied this from many anchors in Indian TVs).

No comments: